Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

New Shoes, New Me?

Ok so you know it's hard to have a personal blog without getting personal.
I've said it before but I just want to reiterate... I am not myself right now. Going through a divorce, whether it's your choice or not, is fucking hard. Harder than I could have imagined. There are so many things I never considered, including that this is one of the biggest tests of true friendship I'd ever witness. It's hard to lose your partner and some of your friends at the same time. It's hard to hear people's negative opinions on what you feel is the right thing to do.
Anyway, you get the point... it's HARD.
So, I don't know why it has come to such a shock to me that I haven't wanted to do anything that I used to do -GET THIS- including shopping. My favorite thing ever.


WTF?


I have barely looked twice at shoes. I went through a period of about a month where I didn't wear a pair of heels once! I just couldn't. I joked that my feet were depressed but I'm not sure I was joking.
Then I bought the Miu Miu glitter shoes...

 TAH DAH!


...to cheer myself up. It worked for about 2.5 seconds and then it was back to the pits. And the flats. Then I really wasn't interested in lusting over things like shoes or blogging about shoes, until... New York. Good ol New York and the thrill of fashion week. I honestly don't care too much about going to a bunch of shows but there's just something in the air here. It's so... fashion-y!

Yesterday I bought what I think is one of the coolest shoes of the season. I'm obsessed with creepers! I wore them every day in high school and tried to design my own versions of them for both Betsey Johnson AND Harajuku Lovers but the buyers just didn't get them. They probably never will. They're not commercial enough. Pfffffft- whatever. I've noticed them popping on and off trend for years now. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU CREEPERS!

Anyway... so into Burberry I went with a clear mission. To get my statement shoe of the season. (Well, my non-glitter statement shoe. I'm making 2 statements really.)






I mean, are you kidding me? They're perfect! My shoe lust is back with a vengeance. I'm scared.


Do you love!? I know creepers aren't for everyone but what do YOU think??

Next shoe on my radar? Well I'm glad you ask. I am obsessing over this amazing heel from hell by Bally (kinda random) I'm hoping they'll come up with some more uppers because I'm not crazy about this one. Feels a little 2010 to me. I just love the heel and platform shape.

AND this super cool extremely curved heel by Walter Steiger... So cool!



I'm feeling ok today. I'm feeling more like The Shoe Girl than I have in a while.

YAY SHOES!!!!!!!!!



XOX,