Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Time to Cleanse

I decided that while I'm in New York for this whole self re-descovery trip, I wanted to do a cleanse. I've actually wanted to do one since I heard about this all juice cleanse from Organic Avenue.
Well, I am now on day 3 of 5 and it's surprisingly not too bad! I'm more bored than hungry.
This is what my day of juices looks like...


It all starts with a chlorophyl shot that turns my teeth and mouth green...














And then its a juice every couple of hours after that.
I'm lucky that I actually like fruits and almost all veggies- I can't imagine how hard this would be if I didn't!

I woke up this morning SUPER cranky and my walk to Soho to pick up my juice for the day was rough. Every restaurant I passed was filled with delicious smells and annoying happy people EATING! haha.
I'm glad I haven't cracked though. It's definitely more of a mental thing... by not eating solid foods you really realize how food centric our lives are. Most social activities are based on food. It's crazy! I've also noticed that a lot of times I think "oh- I want a snack" it's not because I'm hungry, it's out of boredom! That's a habit I hope to break...

Yesterday I sat and watched the documentary Forks Over Knives (available on instant cute on Netfix right now!!) and it really helped me stay motivated. I highly recommend it even if you're a meat eater like me. I was a vegetarian for 9 years and then was eating mostly vegan for over 8 months last year. I'm a sucker for bacon (bad Jew) and I like an occasional burger but it's good to be reminded how unhealthy and fattening meat is. I'm hope I'm not sounding preachy- I just want to share my thoughts ;)


BUT WHAT ABOUT SHOES?? Hello? Shoe blog!

Well, ok... here are some shoes for you.
I wore my new Burberry creepers (and creeper inspired outfit) to help Gala celebrate her birthday. It was at a super cool bar called Bedlam and I happily sipped water as not to break my cleanse!

 (Dress- Amy Winehouse for Fred Perry)

 (shoes- Burberry)

(tights- Bebe)



Love and shiny clean insides,