Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Welcome, New Readers & Followers*

Anticipating for this semester to come to an end, I'm looking foreward to adding some outfit posts here. Also, since my blog is influenced much from living in L.A., what better way then to interview one of my favorite fashion bloggers from L.A. - Dylana from Nana in Wonderland is always dressed to  impress, as her blog consists of inspirational & vividly descriptive take on fashion, travel, food, etc.


 loving Dylana's bag

1. Who are some of your style icons?

I am inspired the most by real girls like me, such as fashion bloggers and girls I see on the street with impeccable style. But I also love the effortless style of women like Kirsten Dunst, Chloe Sevigny, Kate Bosworth, and Alexa Chung. And I will always look to Audrey Hepburn because she had such a classic and simple way of dressing that was just magical to look at. Her old movies always inspired me to be a little bit more like her.

2. You recently went en route to Malaysia, & provided great exposure with your vivid photos in your blog; Is there another travel destination during summer?

I hope to make a trip to either Hawaii or New York City this summer. But I am not sure because I will be working, and maybe taking a fashion buying class. But I hope to go somewhere fun this summer! I am always up for a vacation :)

3. Do you have a favorite character - either from a movie or a book - who has influenced your style at one point?

This is a hard one because there are so many. I must say that Molly Ringwald's character in Pretty in Pink has influenced me because I have always loved her quirky and eclectic look. All of Molly's characters were so cool. I also have been influenced by Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. She was just so chic and impeccably dressed. I like mixing both of their styles together to make my own. A little bit kitschy, and a little bit classic.

4. You know you live in L.A. when you can't decide on picking a place for frozen yogurt; so...Pinkberry, Yogurtland, or Menchi's?
I must say Pinkberry, but lately, I have really been into Tutti Frutti. They even are opening one right near my home, so I am very happy about that!


5. Name 3 random facts your readers might not know about you :)

I am 1/2 Chinese, 1/4 Mexican, and 1/4 Spanish.
I had scoliosis back surgery over 3 years ago and have a thin titanium rod along part of my spine.
When I was little, it was my dream to be an internationally famous singer (and a little part of me still does now! hehe)

6. As a UCLA graduate, what are some of your aspiration within the next few years?
Right now I am a free-lance writer, as well as an administrative assistant. Within the next few years, and maybe even sooner than that, I hope to find myself in a career where I can utilize both my writing skills and love of fashion. I would love to write for a big fashion/lifestyle magazine, or work as a fashion buyer at a major department store. And I hope to start working on a novel soon!

7. What are some of your favorite trends, looks, or must-have pieces for this spring/summer?
This summer, I really am obsessed with little dresses in any kind of print, delicate or outrageous. They are so easy to wear and so much fun! I will definitely wear them with a pair of cute gladiator sandals.

8. Do you have any pet-peeves regarding how some people dress in L.A.? (Mine: the combination of Uggs + True Religions, or dressing head to toe in Abercrombie & Fitch) haha

I really hate the whole Abercrombie & Fitch look, too. I think I own only one item from that store, and it is a pair of anonymous looking jeans. But I also really cannot stand that whole oversized plaid shirt with distressed, super short Levi's shorts. It has been way overdone ever since the Cory Kennedy days in Los Angeles, and it drives me nuts because I used to see girls wearing this same outfit everywhere I went, and I still do!

9. If you could have a single free* designer handbag of your choice, what would it be?
I must say that I would have the Chloe Paratay bag in black. It is classic, practical, and so, so chic. Every time I go to a department store I ogle it because I want it so bad. It is the bag of my dreams!

*Thanks again Dylana xoxo


Follow Charmed, Shes Sure* :)