Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Sam Sarpong for Gsus Sindustries

Sam Sarpong is an actor and super model, who has been in over 60 films and has been the face of some of the biggest designers in fashion such as Tommy Hilfiger and Louis Vuitton. He has also been featured in Italian Vogue along with other influential fashion magazines. As the new face for French designer, Jean Phillipe men's wear line, Sam has taken extreme steps to elevate his career.

Sarpong has recently starred in the award winning film 'Anchor Baby' --winner of the 2010 Harlem International Film Festival for best film-- which screened at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival. Sarpong who is of Ghanaian decent, will play a Nigerian man named Paul Unanga. Sam will also be co-starring with 50 cent and Meg Ryan in the film 'Lives of the Saints'. From acting, hosting and modeling, Sam has conquered new heights and goes above and beyond to express his talents. He also has a single coming out in the next few weeks and will be hosting the BET awards Pre-show!

Between modeling and acting, what has been your key motivation to move ahead in both industries?
No matter how successful you are, I want to go to new levels. My thoughts are, I want to break down barriers and I want to do that in fashion.

Were you always certain about your career choice?
100% -- I always was. Since I was born, my dad used to say I was always in the mirror interviewing and accepting invisible awards. He knew I was destined for entertainment.

you are currently a part of the Gsus Sindustries and Jean Phillip campaigns – how do you identify with the brands?
 Jean Phillip is very high fashion and European- I love doing campaigns like that. Gsus Sindustries is more ‘every day wear’ and denim but they can also step it up depending on the event. I can relate to both because they both embody my lifestyle.

Tell me a little about your new single, “Fire”.
My single, Fire, is blowing up on the air waves. It’s electro-pop. Has a great feel to it and is a definitely a banger. Look out for my tour ‘Music of the future Tour’ in Europe.   

Louis Vuitton is amongst the most iconic brands – what was it like to have been a part of such a relevant and luxurious brand?
It was a blessing. I love their clothes but more importantly I love their luggage. Every female in my family grew up loving their brand so it was easy to adjust and understand the aesthetic of Louis Vuitton. 

 You get to be starring with 50 Cent and Meg Ryan in the film, 'Lives of the Saints'.  Who will you be playing?  Also, if you could pick your next cast for a movie (to work with), who would you choose?    
I play 50 cent’s cousin. He is basically street hustler who sells Louis Vuitton and Gucci on the streets. It is an ensemble cast with three stories that intertwine as one. 

How would you define success? Do you feel content with what you have accomplished, so far?
I feel blessed with what I accomplish. Success, to me, is financial freedom and being able to turn down jobs. That’s the next level I’m trying to obtain. I have definitely had a good career by far.

what do you do for fun, when you have some time off?
The number one thing I like to do is travel and shop. Shopping is my natural high. I love the feeling of walking out of a store with bags in your hand.

Jan Gsus owner, & Sam Sarpong
 - thanks Nyvia Weathersby -