Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Macy's... You Made Me Sad.

So I have to tell you, when 2 of my girlfriends separately sent me texts with pictures of my Harajuku Lovers shoes at Macy's, I was super excited. It was the moment I've been waiting for- my shoes in a department store for the first time! I was ecstatic! 





So I threw on one of my favorite pairs of HL shoes (above) and headed to the mall with my sister Katie. I was seriously on a high. I know it sounds silly, but come on. I mean, I was about to see the fruit of my labor in all its retail glory. 
I imagined a shiny bright table filled with my shoes with a glowing spotlight on them and girls gathered all around the table fighting over the last pair!

Well, what was actually there almost made me cry.

Katie and I walked all around the store looking for the table with my shoes on it, my smile fading with each passed table. I found a sales person and she said "Someone will be with you in a minute, sorry, I've been here since 6am."

...Ummmm, really?

Next sales person:
me-"Hi! Do you guys carry Harajuku Lovers footwear?"
her- "Uh, I'm sorry?"
me- "Hara-JUKU Lovers?"
her- "Hmmm. No? Oh! wait wait! I know what you mean- they're junior's shoes. Over there." (points and walks away)

Reeeeally??

Next:
me- "Hey. Where's your Harajuku Lovers shoes? Do you have any?"
him-(with bad teeth and an ill-fitting suit) "Uh. No, we don't have.... oh wait- um, I think I've seen those. Ya, they're over there. Just one style though." (points.)
me-"Well, are you getting any more in?"
him-"Uh, no, I don't think so. We've never really carried them before."

You guys I was literally clenching my fists and gritting my teeth here.

me- "Oh, really?"

Then this fabulous gay man peeks his head out from the back.

fabgay- "Did you say Harajuku Lovers? Ya, were getting like 7 more styles in, I was just looking at our on order and they're really cute! Oh- I love your shoes!"
(aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! light beaming down on him from heaven) 
me- "Awesome! Thank you!"

You guys, seriously. I wanted to punch someone. Then I went over to look at my shoes and they were on a table squished in with a bunch of M.I.A shoes (yuck) and there was no sign or anything. It's so frustrating because this is a launch collection and they shouldn't have put just ONE effing style on the table. They should have waited and had a full table of all the styles. URGHHH!!!

On a brighter note, that was only South Coast, and I head that they are already selling well at other stores. I wanna go check out the Fashion Island store too. Maybe it'll be better there? Hmmm. 

Well, I cheered myself up with a new pair of shoes. 
...but more on that tomorrow ;) hehe.




One more thing- Nordstrom isn't carrying my line until next season because apparently they had a really bad time with the sneakers cause they didn't sell well. OBVIOUSLY not my fault cause I don't do sneakers. Well, if any of you have some free time I'd LOVE it if you'd help me rub it in their faces. Click on this link and select a store near you and just call, ask for Brass Plum shoes and say something like, "Hi, do you guys carry Harajuku Lovers shoes? (NOT the sneakers, the heels, sandals, etc.)" 
You could also say something like, "Do you have the Harajuku Lovers sandals that were in Teen Vogue?"


Hehee!! Thanks guys! I truly love you.

xoxo