Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

I "Disco Ball" NY....in LA


Outfest Project Runway Premiere Party at The Ivar, Hollywood
Last Friday, I was invited to attend the Los Angeles Premiere of Project Runway Season 3 in conjunction with the Outfest Festival.
I went with David, John Wade and my friend, muse and date, the beautiful Brook Lee, TV Hostess
and former Miss Universe. I designed a jersey print dress inspired by my infamous "Barbie Dress", featuring a shirred bust and midriff attached to a three-layered skirt . She loved it and insisted on wearing it to the Premiere and I think Brook looked stunning in it. I decided to wear my exclusive Madonna" I Love NY" T-shirt to this Los Angeles party for the kitsch factor!
After doing the Red Carpet, we quickly headed upstairs to the VIP area and headed for the bar. I was happy to see all my "Magical Elves" friends (the producers of our show). It's always fun hanging out with the "crew" and the producers, since while we were filming they were so adamant about "The Wall" and how we were not allowed to speak with them, but now since we are done filming, "The Wall" has been "broken" and it's always fun reminiscing about our time filming the show.
I also got to meet some, but not all of the Season 3 designers, including Malan(interesting British accent and looking rather "Count Dracula" in his ensemble), Bonnie(wearing a pretty cowl-back dress),Vincent(sporting a hat and a very wide smile), Angela, looking very stately and European, Bradley(quiet, shy and beardless), and Kayne. I was excited to see Kayne, especially since the last time I saw him was when , along with the other judges, I picked him to "go through to the next round" in the Chicago Casting. I had a great "bonding" session , chatting away with Kayne and his partner. I have a feeling we might have been split at birth! It was really interesting to see the Season 3 Designers and how they were reacting to the flashbulbs of the photographers. At one point, we all were gathered together , greeting each other(Season 2 along with Season 3), and the photographers had a frenzied attack. While we (Season 2) were ready for our "close up", perfectly synchronizing our turns with the demands of the photographers, some of the new seemed to be like "Deers Caught In the Headlights". It reminded me of my first photo-frenzy about a year ago. It was very cute and endearing I have to say.
All in all, it was a fun evening . It wasn't fun, however, when I didn't get to bed until 3 AM and then had to get up THREE HOURS later to catch my Jet Blue flight to JFK. Needless to say, I spent the whole flight hooked to my Satellite TV screen and wearing my sunglasses to hide the circles around my eyes!
Onto New York City: Today I filmed a segment for the TV Guide Channel
for a"Red Carpet Special" , which will air Sunday, August 6, as well as doing an interview for People.com.
Tomorrow is the NY Premiere Party and don't forget that Wednesday is the day of the
Trunk_Show at EMc2 , Emmett's beautiful NoLita boutique. Come meet Chloe, Kara, Emmett as well as myself and shop 'till you drop. I cannot wait for my New York Trunk Show "Debut".