Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Controversy?

WOAH. So my last post got crazy in the comment section. Somebody posted some nasty things and then pretended to post as other people not knowing that I can see that they are posting from the same IP address just using different names. Oops.

Anyway- one commenter asked a valid question and I'd like to address it. She asked me how I could say that my new Cece L'amour shoe wasn't a rip-off a Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony shoe.

The photo in question:




And the CSxOC shoe:



Yes, they look similar but you need to realize that simple shoes often look alike. It's a wood bottom shoe with a two piece upper and an ankle strap and bow. The look of the shoe is really different in my opinion. The toe shape on my shoe is more of an almond shape where the CSxOC shoe is super round and clunky. The CSxOC shoe is cut super high and looks more clog-ish than mine. I think mine is more feminine and delicate instead of clunky. The bottom is lower and more streamlined. Again, less clunky. My original shoe was with a floral bow and then I added a black bow for my friends that aren't so girly.
You are allowed your opinion of course, but I'm going to stand by my opinion that it's not a rip off. There are other shoes that look really similar too. This two shoes are almost exactly the same but on a wedge.

My point is that this upper is not a new concept. And let's not forget that here were tons of shoes like this in the 70s...

Also, something you don't know about this shoe is that it's not even going into production. I made it for myself and some friends and have no plan to sell them to the public.

I'm in the airport on my way to China so this is a rushed post. I just wanted to address it so that you know my opinion on this. I don't NEED to justify myself but you asked so I wanted to answer.
I don't mind being called out on what you guys think is bogus. I'll always try to answer your questions if you have them. What I will not respond to is nasty jealousy and disrespectful comments. ESECIALLY from anonymous people. Grow a pair. If you have a problem with me or don't like my blog- GTFO! I'm not asking you to stay or read it. Who cares what I say or think?? It's just a blog. Get a life.

To all the others, I love you guys! Even when we don't agree ;)
xox